Friday, November 05, 2010

Um... 9 weeks left

Holy crap! I'm 31 weeks pregnant which means my weeks left until my due date are now down to single digit. Not sure why, but I just got a little overwhelmed by how much we have left to get done. Crazy!

I don't have any blankets, baby sheets, receiving blankets, bath stuff etc yet. I have to get a move on buying that stuff.

I went to my cousin's baby shower last weekend. It was really nice. She had a baby girl and she's adorable! There was one very special gift that my Aunt gave to my cousin. It was one of my dresses from when I was a baby. I had worn it then my cousin wore it a few years after me. My aunt has held onto it all these years.

She kept saying how she's had the dress "almost 40 years" and that she was waiting and waiting for one of us to have a baby etc. I wanted to scream that I'd been trying. I know that she wasn't trying to be insensitive and perhaps I was being oversensitive, but I realized that even though we have been successful after so many years of failure, the wounded infertile is still lying there inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, the gift was sweet but that dress should have been yours. I'm so sorry!