Friday, March 28, 2008

The Eagle has Landed

I know I shouldn't complain. I mean, I'm not one of those women whose cycles go on and on for months at a time, but I am so happy AF is here. This cycle was 32 days long - a week longer than my normal cycle. I really don't know why my cycle is all over the place, but it is. And, if my husband tells me one more time that it's just stress he's the one who's going to be stressed. Any way, it's here woohoo. The only down side (of course there's a down side) is that I'm supposed to be having CD3 blood work for my first fertility clinic appointment next Wednesday, but CD 3 is Sunday and there aren't any labs open. So, I'm going in first thing Monday morning (CD4) with H and we'll both get our blood work done.

I am a worrier, although at first glance I hide it pretty well. I'm worried that there's going to be something seriously wrong with me. I have a feeling already that I have a cyst or multiple cysts on my right ovary - I can literally feel something there. I'm scared that they're going to look at me and say Oh - that has to come out and start getting ready to adopt. Or worse. I will deal with whatever I'm told (or should say we'll deal), but I tend to go through all the scenarios prior to dr.'s appointments.

On a slightly different note, h. and I were watching that show about the couple with the twins and sextuplets. H. has said he would love a large family while I have always said 2 kids would be nice. We started talking about IVF and what we'd do if there were 6 sacks showing on the ultrasound. I told him that I would go for selective red_uction - regardless of how difficult it would be because I'd want the best chances for healthy babies (that couple was incredibly lucky) and also I would be worried about my own health. Well, h. did not like that very much - his exact words were that "I'm not going to kill his babies". Yikes. It's a bit of a stalemate between us. Of course I'm putting the cart before the horse even thinking about IVF, but I told him that I would really have to think about even doing IVF if that is his attitude. I guess we wouldn't have to put in that many embryos so that it's not even a possibility.

No comments: