Monday, June 07, 2010

9W4D

I am 9 weeks and 4 days along today and still feeling horrible. Before I get into what's been going on with this pregnancy, I want to apologize for seemingly dropping off the face of the earth. I was at a conference last week in a city different from my own and I didn't have time to blog or check in on most of your blogs. I'm trying to read along and keep up with your journeys, I just may not be commenting as much as I used to - I just don't have a lot to say.

We are still trying to absorb the triplet news. It is amazing that we were lucky enough to get pregnant, let alone with 3 babies. It's just that financially, emotionally and mentally we're not quite prepared for 3. It's still a lot for me to digest.

H. is supposed to be starting his MBA in late August, if I make it to 34 weeks (typical time of delivery for triplets) I'd be due around November 25th. I don't know how he's going to be able to work full time and do his MBA while being available to help me. We are looking at various options - e.g., him deferring for a year. But, then I think a lot can happen in a year - will he actually still do it? Can we handle it if he does do his MBA and we have 3 newborns at home?

We also don't have a room for my Mom or anyone to stay in to help us after the babies are born. We're looking at selling our home and moving out of the city or at least a little further east. Then there's the car, we have a Chevy Equinox. I'm not sure that 3 car seats will fit across the back of the car. We may have to get something bigger. That will accomodate 3 babies, 2 adults and 2 dogs.

On top of all of the what ifs and life changes, I am sick. I hate throwing up and fight it with every ounce in me. I will sit with a churning acidic stomach for hours rather than giving in to throwing up. I have pulled a muscle around my ribs from the vomiting. And, then there's the sheer exhaustion; exhaustion like I can hardly believe.

I am eating every couple of hours and to date I've lost 6lbs. I'm a big woman, so I know the babies are getting what they need, but it's strange to be eating as much as I am as often as I am and not gaining any weight. I know this will change; it just hasn't happened yet.

I know I've done a lot of complaining, but I wouldn't change this for the world. I know I should be more cautious about things, but I am just so thankful that we're going to finally have our family. I guess I am counting my chicks before they're hatched. We have our first appointment with the OB/GYN on Friday = dr. S. I think we'll also be doing another u/s then as well so we'll be able to see how everything is going. I'll post afterwards to let you know how it went.

5 comments:

Fran said...

I can't even think about the roller-coaster of emothions of having triplets...but it will be fine, I'm sure you'll manage. And there is still plenty of time to get everything organised. Try not to be overwhelmed at the thought of the things to do, one at the time and they'll all get done!

I have e bit of nausea in the morning but not much and I hope it's not a bad sign!

Fran

Jessa said...

I remember feeling exactly the way that you're describing (minus the morning sickness part). I'm currently 15w5d with triplets and we found out there were three at 9 weeks. After it all starts to sink in a bit more, you'll come up with a plan. Like you, after trying to for so long to have our family, you come to the resolve that you'll make it work whatever way you can. If you ever need to chat, let me know. I've also got a blog, as well. Jessa

Phoebe said...

Thanks for all the supportive comments you have left on my blog lately. Make sure you talk to your doctor about the m/s. There is a condition called hyperemesis gravidarum for severe m/s. You can take medication (Zofran) to help with it.

I'm sure the shock of having triplets is a lot to take in at once. You know twins is a possibility when you transfer 2, but you never think an embryo is going to split. I went through something similar. You seem to be handling it though. Kudos to you!! I hope you have looked into multiples clubs in your town. They can help you with what you are going through. Hugs!!

Kate said...

Still can't believe you're having 3. I have no clue how you'll cope, especially not with the MBA. Could he maybe do it part time?

Anonymous said...

you are one busy mama! it is a lot to digest and wrap your arms around. I know it will all work out in the end. It's the getting there part that is hard. Hope your m/s lets up at 12 weeks.