Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Beta #2

I called the clinic to set up an appointment to go in and get my results from my lab test yesterday. My favourite receptionist answered and she checked the computer - they weren't there - then she put me on hold so that she could call the lab and get the results. She called me back when she received the results and said "I've got them, it's good news. See you at one". I seriously love this girl! I made an appointment for 1pm today - H. came down to meet me and we went together.

My number for today was 1206 and the progesterone was up to 32. A doubling time of 36.67 hours.

Again we were told to be cautiously optimistic and also told of the frequencies of miscarriages in the first trimester.

I was also given a referral for my first ultrasound. Also, my doctor told me that my due date is January 6, 2011.

The appointment proved my instincts right. I told my clinic that I felt like in the morning my progesterone had warn off completely and then only kicked in again in the afternoon. From that, I said that I though I should double up my crinone. Well, the first beta was done at 9 in the morning and progesterone = 17, yesterday's beta was done at 4pm and came back at 32. I'm going to continue to double up on my progesterone.

Today's been a good day.

2 comments:

Kate said...

So when's the U/S so we can look forward to it with you?
Love the receptionist too!

Lost in Space said...

Now that is the kind of second beta I like to see!!

I love that you are in this place and love that you are relishing every moment and are ready to scream it from the rooftop!

So so happy for you!