Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 9 Check up

Well, there are now 3 follies, but it seems like the two that were there already didn’t grow, in fact one is smaller today than it was 2 days ago. Right 1.3 and 1.4, Left 1.1

I go back tomorrow for another check up; they want to make sure my estrogen is rising. It seems it is because my lining went from just under .6 up to .7.

Please, grow little follies grow.

We are doing IVF with ICSI, since according to Dr. Handsome that will give us the best odds for fertilization. He said that their success rate for 40 to 43 year olds (the age of my ovaries) is 40%. I guess that’s good. I really like Dr. Handsome, but I really don’t like the way the clinic is set up. I wish he was the only Dr. that I dealt with. He makes me feel like I’m in good hands and can trust him. The problem is I don’t just see him, I see several different doctors – whomever happens to be on duty at the time that I’m there.

I find it so funny that H. and I were debating what to do with our extra embryos. We’ll have to freeze them, when to use them etc. Wanted to know how much it would cost? What are the odds of success? How long can they be frozen.

Stupid couple, you have high FSH – there will be no extra embies for you.

No comments: