Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Ball is Rolling

Today was my follow up ultrasound to make sure the cyst had shrunk. I was so happy to find out that they didn’t need to do any blood work! When the called my name, I hopped up, entered the room and dropped trow. After mere moments of waiting, nude from the waist down (well wrapped in one of those crappy paper sheets that doesn’t quite close around my massive hips) I was called into the room. Dr. HMHMM was there – I didn’t quite catch his name last time – waiting with his magic wand. Lining .5, cyst down to .9 and wonder of all wonders I had 4 or 5 follicles on each ovary. I almost did a back flip off the edge of the examining table – darn foot rests were in the way.

So, here’s the deal. Stop taking BCP and wait for period. On CD3 start 150 iu of Puregon twice per day, .05 Suprefact each morning. Do that for 5 days and then go in for an ultrasound to see how we’re doing. If my calculations are right, my Beta will be scheduled around my birthday (April 5th-ish).

Wow.

3 comments:

CHAR said...

oh wow....so excited for you!!!!

Spacey said...

So exciting!!! Good luck!

Echloe said...

Thats great news. Lots of luck to you.e