Saturday, November 28, 2009

CD1 of our Last cycle with the Clinic

This will likely be our last cycle with Dr. H2.0, I got an email from Mag telling me that I need to be on monocycle birth control by January so that my cycle can be timed with the donor's. It's all a little exciting and overwhelming. It would be amazing to get pregnant on this last cycle with my eggs. But, I have to be realistic, we've been trying pretty much every month for 3 years and nothing has happened, so why would this cycle be any different? There is a small part of me that thinks if there's a lot of follicles and a low fsh that I want to do injections and go for an IUI/IVF. Isn't that crazy?! I mean I logically know I don't respond to meds, but there's a part of me that wants to continue to fight for a biological child. There are two things that are not on my side with that thought... time and money.

I made the call to the clinic today for my Day 1, I'll go on Monday for my Day 3 full bladder u/s and bloodwork and will also talk to the nurse about our plans to go the Czech Republic. Hopefully, they will agree to do all of the monitoring I need here.

Wow. This is really it. I'll start taking the bcp and then we wait to be matched. Wow.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Wow! That's right, it's happening and we may be cycle buddies in the new Year! To a great 2010, love, Fran

Lost in Space said...

Wow, girl, look at you go! Sorry I've been away this month. I am just getting all caught up and am so impressed at how you are forging ahead.

I'm not sure that longing for a biological child will ever fully go away. It's a loss that will always carry a little part of our hearts.

Looking forward to following along with your destination baby cycle. (-;