Thursday, April 22, 2010

Heading Home

We came back to Prague yesterday and finished up our vacation/project by picking up some souvenirs - there is a lot of crap here to buy! It looks like the skies are open for flying and we should be home tonight. I'm ready to sleep in my own bed.

Only snafu is that H. and I aren't sitting together on the 8 hour flight back to Canada. That kind of sucks, but at least I can zone out and watch movies. And, it gives us an excuse to get up and walk around to see each other. (He's in row 16 on the right side of the plane and I'm in row 35 on the left side). Bummer.

We won't know the outcome of our trip over here for a while, but I already feel like it's been successful to a certain extent. From the minute we knew that we had 5 embryos, I began to think of them as mine. Not embryos from another woman and my husband. Mine. Ours. I'm invested. I had a lot of misgivings and was very worried that I wouldn't bond with a donor egg child. I've already bonded with these little embryos that are floating around inside me right now. We're choosing to believe that this will work, we are talking about things in the positive. Like H said, we might as well be optimistic and if we have to we'll deal with the fall out later.

I'm going to do a review of my entire experience shortly... I want to do it before we get the results so that it is as accurate as I can be without being swayed to one side or the other. Succinctly, the clinic and doctors were really good to work with and if need be we'd definitely use their services again.

Off to breakfast now and then to the airport...

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hope you managed to switch seats and sit together - usually one of your neighbours will be nice enough to make the swap.
So glad that it's turned out to be a positive experience, no matter the end result. You know you can make good embryos and are OK with the DE thing. But hopefully you won't need to go there again, except for an FET for a sibling!

Janice said...

thanks so much for taking the time to keep us all updated. Looking forward to many happy updates!

Lost in Space said...

Hope your travels were safe!

Can't wait to hear more when you're ready.