Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Starting to Nest

Little G has been kicking off and on today reminding that I should be writing more about this part of the journey. I want to be able to reflect back here later on and see the little (and not so little) ups and downs that happened over the 40 weeks it takes for her to arrive.

I'm still throwing up occasionally. Most recently was on Saturday night after a very full day of shopping and partying (an alcohol free event for me). I am getting more tired and have to pee a little more frequently - I'm actually waking up during the night to go now which I can't remember ever having to do on a regular basis. Little G is moving around more and her kicks/jabs/pokes are getting a little stronger and more frequent. She seems to have her nights and days backwards because she's really active around 8:30pm. She also responds to H's voice which is really cool. When he's talking to me she tends to kick a little more. She's already a daddy's girl. The latest symptom is joint pain from the way I'm sleeping; my left shoulder and right hip are bothering me today. I was actually limping a little bit this morning. I think this is more from the way I'm forced to sleep than from anything physically pregnancy related.

About Saturday... we went to a used baby clothes and equipment sale put on by the local parents of multiples group - which we had been going to join when I was pregnant with triplets. The first hour and a half is for members only, so we went a little later in the morning. We got a Disn'ey Swing, a bouncey seat, a feeding pillow, a winter insert for a carseat, a Winniethepooh snow suit, and about 10 outfits for $100. Then from there we went to a furniture warehouse store to check out cribs because my Mom had let me know that there were great deals on cribs etc there. Well we ended up buying a convertible crib (it goes from a crib to a toddler bed to a double bed), the conversion kit, a mattress, a dresser and a hutch. The sales woman was awesome and kept cutting deals for us; she even threw in a free changing pad. We just have to arrange a time to pick everything up. Then from there we went to a big mall at the north end of the city - it's a pretty swanky mall and it's pretty huge. We had lunch and then spend 3 hours shopping for stuff for H. I was exhausted! We went home and had a few hours before we had to go to a housewarming party. We got home from the party around 10:30 or 11pm and I was wiped out. Sunday it really hit me that I can't do the same things as I used to do, I need to pace myself a little better. I was still so tired on Sunday, that I fell asleep sitting upright on the couch.

I was ironing my clothes for work on Monday morning - the ironing board is in the room that will be the baby's room - and I happened to look over at the closet. I saw all of the little outfits hanging there and it hit me anew that we're going to have a baby. There will be a little baby in our home that we will be dressing in those clothes.

It reminded me again of just how incredibly lucky we are. Lucky that the last cycle worked... lucky that medicine has come so far that it could give us this chance to be parents. I am in awe of what is happening in my body and I really do love it despite the tiredness and vomiting and aches and pains.

One last thing... on Thursday I will officially enter my third trimester!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Oh my! Only one day to the third trimester!!! You are doing just so so brilliantly my friend, and I admire your cool! Thanks so much for your supporting words I appreciated the all. My little one is also definitely more active in the evening, but kick me lightly more often now even during the day. Love it!