Friday, October 01, 2010

30 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 16

Someone or something you definitely could live without.

Through trying to get pregnant and being pregnant I have realized I can live without caffeine. I stopped drinking coffee leading up to our DEIVF cycle and from there haven't looked back. I fell off the wagon in Prague a few times, but the coffee there was too yummy to pass up. Since being pregnant I don't drink pop with caffeine and don't drink regular coffee or tea. I have discovered I like decaf tea a lot, so that helps. I was a regular coffee drinker, I'd have 1 or 2 large coffees every day until I started getting panic attacks and the attacks were worsened with caffeine.

I thought I'd have a much tougher time giving it up than I have. Now alcohol on the other hand is a different story. Not that I've allowed myself anything while being pregnant, but I have had the worst craving for sangria for most of this pregnancy, especially during the really hot summer months.

No comments: