Friday, February 06, 2009

Review Appointment

I called my clinic and set up an appointment to review my case with the Dr. I want to ask a ton of questions about what's going on with me, what our odds of success are, what the best protocol would be etc etc. I'm going to be bringing a lot of kleenex with me as I'm sure it's going to be an emotional meeting.

I kind of just want to bury my head in the sand, but I know that knowledge is power. So, I'm going to tough it out. High FSH is a real kick in the head because there's really nothing you can do for it. I'm doing acupuncture and thought that was really helping. It makes me feel better and helps me with my stress so it may not be helping the FSH, but it is helping me.

My naturopath suggested that I change doctors. There's one Dr. H that everyone raves about and she has nothing but good things to say about him. I think that I'll have a listen to what Dr. B has to say and make a judgement from there.

I also think that if IVF is the way we have to go and that we're going to spend all of that money, then I want to look at all of our options including possibly going to one of the clinics in the States that specialize in high FSH (e.g., Coopers).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear that acupuncture has really good results with IVF, I'm getting it to go along with my IUI and I'm the same as you, I don't know how much it is actually doing for my physical being but it is working wonders for my mental health!

Big hugs
S X

Spacey said...

Good luck with your appointment. I hope you will get some answers and a game plan to move forward. **hugs**

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you! I don't have magical answers to make all of this confusion feel better...but I'm here for you. (((HUGS))) xoxo

Lost in Space said...

No answers or assvice, but a second opinion is never a bad idea when it comes to IF. Knowledge is power.

Research away and go in with lots of good questions. I always think I will be more emotional than I am, but it usually doesn't happen until I am on my way back out to the parking lot afterwards. Good luck, hun.