Friday, February 27, 2009

Why is this Carpet Wet?

About a month ago after the mounds of snow surrounding our house started melting my father in law came upstairs (he lives in an apartment in our basement) and said that the carpet was wet downstairs. Our basement was leaking. Well, as soon as a deep freeze came back through the leaking stopped so we ignored it. Then this morning it started raining and the snow started melting and... well you guessed it... more water, more wet carpet. The problem is Serious. So, I put out a few alarm bells and my Aunt came to my rescue. She sent her contractor Leo to my house. Yay for Leo!

There's a lot that needs to be done to our house, but for now we're just going to fix the leak. He gave us a great price - which makes me very happy. And, on Tuesday he'll send his guys to fix things up.

I am breathing a sigh of relief. I feel like I can trust this guy.

Aaaaah. Now I just have to wait for the load of towels to dry so I can go back downstairs and attack that wet carpet.

No comments: