Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping

This week is moving at a snail’s pace. It doesn’t help that I’m not busy at all at work right now. Thank gawd for my course – it’s my last week, so I have that to focus on. I have a few assignments that need to be sent in. Sigh.

I’m not feeling very hopeful today. Well, to be honest, I just fluctuate back and forth between maybe I am, maybe I’m not. If one more person tells me to stay positive I’m going to scream. If I could mentally make myself pregnant – I would be by now.

I even considered (briefly) POAS… but, I just can’t bear to see a negative right now. So, I’ll wait and wait and wait until Monday.

So, here’s where I turn to you for some advice. Should I take Monday off work and receive “the call” at home? Or is it better to be at work where there are distractions?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

This week is slow for me too! I would go to work- you'll be so distracted you won't even be looking at the clock- if you stay home you'll just be waiting, waiting, waiting.

Good luck!

Spacey said...

I'm planning on taking the day off so I guess my suggestion would be to take the day off if you can.

My reason is that I don't want to be at work when I get the news. If it's bad news, I think I'll need a bit of time to digest it and I don't want to do that with my co-workers around. If it's good news, I don't want to be at work either because I want to jump from joy and absorb the positive news on my own terms (not have to be self-conscious about coworkers being nosey or looking at me as if I've lost it, because if it's + I'll probably scream of happiness...lol)

That said, I really think that you should do what you think is best for you and picture yourself in the environment you want to be when receiving the results.

La La said...

I took the day off. Either way you are going to be too distracted to work. At least, I know I was. =)

Lost in Space said...

Sorry things are moving so slowly for you. That last week is always so hard.

I worked for all 3 of mine and really wish I wouldn't have. I knew the calls would always come near the end of the day and couldn't justify missing the whole day. I have cried every time before even hanging up the phone and then always left work immediately.

This, my dear, will not be you though. I know you will want to leave when learning it is positive too. (-;