Thursday, March 18, 2010

Having a Good Day

Today has been a good day and I'm not afraid to tempt the fates by saying that. I have not taken any pain meds today and I have had a minimum amount of pain. I have also been relatively panic free today - I tend to get this kind of buzzing feeling through my neck and shoulders, but not today. I kind of feel like my old self.

I also got my test results back from the stress test I did last week. Everything is fine. Nothing to worry about. This is as I expected, but it's nice to have it out there that I'm fine!

In other news, I looked into upgrading our tickets to business class for our trip today. It was an extra $5000 per ticket. So, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and squeeze into my economy seat. How can they charge such ridiculous prices?! In case you're counting, we're down to 26 days before we leave! Is it bad that I'm suddenly feeling really optimistic?

In nonIF news, H and I had a contractor over to the house last night. We are having our old crappy cement porch replaced with a brand spanking new one. The work will start sometime in early May. Our project this year is to work on the outside of the house a little. We have hired a company to come and do the aerating, fertilizing, eco-pesticide and seeding; hopefully, this effort will result in a nice lawn. As previously mentioned, we are having the porch replaced and will also be putting in a new garden. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to provide before and after pictures.

2 comments:

Lost in Space said...

Loving that it was a good day and that your test results were on the up. Big smiles.

$5k per ticket is insane. Get a few more passengers and you could all pitch in to charter your own private plane for that.

We are looking to do some outside sprucing up too. Can't wait for your before and after pics.

Fran said...

Delighted it has been a good day and definitely a good thing that you feel optimistic! Please post pics of the porch before and after! Love, Fran