Tuesday, September 21, 2010

3 Day Challenge - Day 6

Something you hope you never have to do.

This is a really tough one for me to come up with. After some thought, I'd say that something I hope I never have to do is to be on welfare and face being homeless. For a long time I lived pay cheque to pay cheque and I could see how missing a couple pay cheques could send me out onto the street quickly. H and I have made a real effort to get our money under control and I no longer live pay cheque to pay cheque which is a relief. I do realize that there is very little that separates us from those unfortunate people who have found themselves out of work and down on their luck.

On another note, one of the reasons I found this post difficult to write is because I believe that what you focus on will come back to you and I am careful not to give somethings too much weight. I almost feel like I'm tempting fate by answering this question. There were other things that came to mind, but I really didn't want to put them in writing. Do you know what I mean?

1 comment:

Valery said...

yes, I know what you mean... Thinking of doom and gloom feels bad, but saying it out loud seems to make it more real.
But for this question I was half and half expecting you would say you already have had to make the decision you would never ever hope to face.
I admire how you are looking forward, and cherishing what you have.