Friday, September 24, 2010

30 Day Challenge - Day 9 & an Update

Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

I had a Best Friend when I was growing up. We met when we both moved into a new development with our families. We were 9 years old at the time. Her front door looked out on my backyard and we would play together every day. We were best friends from Grade 3 until near the end of high school. We would sign all of our birthday/Christmas cards "Best friends forever" and talked about how we'd still be friends when we were grown up and how our kids would be best friends just like us. It didn't work out that way. In high school we moved in different circles and just kind of grew apart. I haven't spoken to her in almost 20 years although I think of her quite regularly. Our parents still live across the street from one another, but our paths have never crossed in all of that time.

Update - 25 weeks.

Well, I went for a growth u/s and an OBGYN appointment today. Little G's estimated weight is 1lb 1oz and she's measuring a little behind at 24w4d. They checked the cord to make sure that the blood flow is ok, and I was told that it was perfect.... always nice to hear. I found out that my placenta has moved. It's not longer anterior, it is now previa. Meaning it is sitting over top of my cervix. Also, Little G is currently in a breech position. The doctor explains this as being normal for placenta previa, since the placenta is taking up the space at the base of my uterus, there's no room for the head. The doctor said that this can change, the placenta could move away from the cervix which will allow for the baby's head to move down into the normal position. But, in all likelihood, if things don't change, I will be having a scheduled c-section about 2 weeks prior to my due date. That puts us around December 22nd. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. My Mom had the same thing with me, but before her scheduled c-section, she went into labour at home and delivered the placenta, I was an emergency c-section. Time will tell.

No comments: