Friday, June 27, 2008

Memories

Grandpa Dutch

Blue eyes
White mustache
Big booming voice
Best hugs
Larger than life
Love
Miss you.

My Grandfather was taken from us suddenly almost 15 years ago this week. I still miss him so much that my heart aches from it. I often wonder if he was here now what he would think of me. Would he be proud of the woman that I have become? Would he like my husband? I really hope so. I know he is with me always, but I could really use one of his hugs right about now.

H and I have talked about it and when we have a child he/she will be named after my Grandpa. H. lost his mother when he was 16 years old, we’d like to honour his mother as well.

1 comment:

Lost in Space said...

Huge hugs. It is never easy losing someone so suddenly. Your Grandpa sounds like a wonderful man.

I lost my dad almost 9 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't think about him in some way. I like to tell myself that he is playing with our babies right now and will send them to us when he has had his time to be a grandpa.

Take comfort anywhere you can along this journey. (hugs)