Monday, June 22, 2009

Why.

Today I was walking up Yonge St in Toronto and was passing a fast food restaurant. A teenager dressed from head to toe in hot pink, talking on a hot pink cellphone said something to me as I walked by. I kind of ignored her and she came up to me and said "I'm not asking for money, I'm pregnant can you buy me lunch".

Sigh. I said no because she had a CELL PHONE - go get the person paying for your cell or the person who bought you the drugs that you're clearly on and have them buy your gd lunch. Of course she was pregnant - I noticed the paunch afterwards. This little strung out thing can get pregnant and I can't.

I felt guilty for a while afterwards, thinking about her future child and how it will probably be malnourished. I also thought crazily, give me your baby and I'll feed you and clothe you and take care of you until you're back on your feet.

It's obviously spring/summer because there are pregnant ladies everywhere. I just didn't need to meet this particular one today.

Sorry for all of the negative posts lately.

I'm trying to be more upbeat, and will try to post more uplifting stuff in the future.

4 comments:

Just Believing said...

Ugh I have uber negative posts saved...debating whether I should post or not....sorry about what ya had to see today...i know that feeling its like a punch in the gut :(

Kate said...

Who minds a negative post? A blog is meant for honesty and stream-of-consciousness in my opinion. I'd have thought exactly the same thing, and have also been noticing pg women all over Toronto lately. I live right downtown, and they're everywhere. It'll be annoying until I'm one too!
Doing the spinal for the c-section of a schizophrenic patient having her fourth child (which was promptly seized by CAS) was a kick in the teeth too. Why couldn't I have one of her kids?

Anonymous said...

it's just not fair

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear...what can I say. I ust know you will be a super mum, you just have to wait a little longer. Big hugs, Fran