Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Big Step Forward

Well, our flights and accomodations are booked - there's almost no turning back now. Unless a miracle happens, we will be flying out of Toronto on April 13th at 8:00pm, we then land in Munich at 10:05am on April 14th (it's an 8hr and 5 min flight). At 3:30pm we depart Munich for Prague - arriving at 4:20pm. Then we fly from Prague at 5:30pm arriving in Brno at 6:15pm. We stay overnight and on the morning of the 15th we go to the clinic for H's deposit and the donor will have her egg retrieval. We leave that afternoon to go to Prague by train. We'll be there for two nights, returning to Brno on the evening of the 17th because ET can occur on the 18th so we have to be back just in case. The rest of our time will be spent in Brno, unless we decide to do a day trip to Vienna. We fly out of Brno (10:05am) to Prague (10:50am), Prague (1:50pm) to Frankfurt (3:00pm) then Frankfurt (5:00pm) to Toronto (7:35pm). I'm already tired thinking of all of that flying and waiting around airports!

Back to the present time, I did not call in my CD1. I don't want to spend any time at the clinic before we go to Czech. I also don't want to spend any more money there. They've refused to help us with the one transvaginal u/s I need prior to leaving. Not sure how I'm going to handle that - where to get one, but I'm sure it will work itself out.

It feels like a new chapter is about to open up in front of us. I like it.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Yay for having it all booked! At least you got a decent time of year for cheaper flights. Sorry that it'll be such a long day of traveling to get there though.
I hope you'll be able to post updates while you're over there, because I'll be excited to hear about your adventures in foreign lands, as well as about the DE process at the clinic. And then I'll look forward to reading about your BFP!

Spacey said...

YAY for having everything booked! I am so thrilled for you and will keep everything crossed for a big BFP celebration in April!!!

For the trans-vag. u/s, can't you get your GP to request one and then you can go to a regular u/s clinic for it?

((hugs))

Lost in Space said...

Girl, I'm exhausted just trying to figure that schedule out! Wow, so you are now locked and loaded and ready to go. I'm so thrilled for you taking this next step and can't wait to cheer you along the way!

I think 2010 is going to be a good year for you. So, is it April yet? (-;

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience and I'll of course be praying that this works for you.

Anonymous said...

oh the wonderful fun of figuring out where to get that u/s. LOL! Been there, sucks. I was told to call my ob/gyn and have them prescribe it - seeing how they will be doing you after care when you get your bfp it would be worth it to try and get in now to see them. I am going to a local imaging clinic for mine. Katie